Friday, August 27, 2010

Coconut Shrimp

This week was definitely an up and down week. Wednesday was the 5yr anniversary of P's Dad. Yesterday was my 4yr anniversary with the hubby and we also celebrated at work one of the manager's 50th birthday (early).
Tuesday night the hubby and I were talking in bed about what to do for P the next day. We are tired of having the memory of his dad be sad or make "people" cry. His memories (well what people tell him because he was only 1.5yrs old when it happened) should be happy. They should make P happy to know that this person is his father and would be proud of him. Not sad that he can't be here or whatever. I knew I would be working all day so I wouldn't be able to take him to the cemetery. I had a plan to let go 5 blue balloons (we let them go at the funeral), but Shawn suggested I ask P what he wants to do. I agreed. This is about him anyway. I asked him the next morning. He told me he wanted to look at all of my old pictures of him. I agreed. We ended up not doing it. To busy or whatever, but his father's birthday is Monday and I will do it with him then!
Yesterday, we ccelebrated my bosses 50th birthday. We did it 4 days early though because he would suspect something ON his birthday. Here are some of the pictures of what we did.
His Parking Spot, his office, the conference room and him with his cake NOTE: everything is blocked because I do not have their permission.  


I didn't get pictures of all the food (sorry) I got a picture of my plate. I wasn't feeling good so I didn't eat too much. I am sure I will forget something but here is a list of the pot luck food:
Pork Loin
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Tomato and Feta Salad
Antipasto Salad
Snicker Salad
Strawberry Jello with cool whip and pretzels
Deviled Eggs
Stuffed Mushrooms
Broccoli Salad
Cheesy Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Meat Balls
Mac N Cheese
Cookies
Croissants

I think that's it

This is his cake








This is my plate. Pickle, Pork Loin (yum), stuffed mushrooms and the jello with strawberries, cool whip and pretzels.







The Hubby and I also celebrated our 4yr anniversary. Last minute the hubby got his cousin to watch the boys so we could at least go to dinner. With us being so sick he wasn't sure what the day would bring, so we played it by ear. I got home from work and we got pizza for the boys. We went and bought me a new pair of shoes and a purse. Which by the way I love my new shoes and with all of the discounts (buy one get one half off and a 15% off I printed) the purse was 15.99 and I got it for a measly 2.74 you cannot beat that. Then we went to dinner at our local seafood place. He got stuffed mushrooms to start. I had a few bits of bread and a few bites of my salad and my sickness kicked in again. I had already ordered my crab legs, lobster tail and coconut shrimp so there was no cancelling it. Hubby got the same but his shrimp was scampi. he devoured his meal and I was trying to calm the nausea. I got a box right away (didn't even touch the food) and waited for him to be done.
We then ran over to meijer to pick P up a lunch pal to hold his Fit & Fresh Lunch. Then we went to blockbuster to rent Madden 11 for hubby. When we got home I started to feel a little better and ate my lobster tail. Then crawled into bed with a coke (coke always soothes my stomach) and watched rookie blue and jersey shore the history channel to enlighten myself. LOL! The hubby played his game in the living room. I know right great anniversary. But you know that's what works for us. Everyone has their own way and this way works for us. I don't get annoyed that he is playing his game because I am watching my show and he doesn't get dragged into watching my shows. So, in the end we appreciate each other more for not being forced into something and giving each other something that the other likes!
I brought my coconut shrimp for lunch today. I also brought the left over pizza rolls from the boys. The last bit of the chicken salad is in a tortilla roll up sliced up. Here's a pic.

I so did not eat all of that! Tummy is a little on edge still.

Who knows what wonderful food we will have tonight. We get Maddi for our weekend tonight. The hubs plans to make (our style) Frankenmuth Chicken which the family LOVES.

No comments: